This article looks at how you can find professional negligence solicitors for the Wirral area. A solicitor may be able to offer services that could benefit both you and your claim. We will outline some of the ways having the support of a solicitor could help with your professional negligence claim later on in this guide.
When you use the services of a professional, such as an accountant or surveyor, they are expected to uphold a correct standard of service. This is their duty of care. If they fail to do this and you experience a loss as a result, professional negligence may have occurred. We will explore the criteria that need to be met in order to bring forward a claim for professional negligence in more detail throughout our guide.
A successful professional negligence claim will help return you to your initial financial position. We provide an overview of how compensation for this type of claim may be calculated.
To bring this article to a conclusion, we look at how a No Win No Fee solicitor from our panel could offer you a contract that allows you access to their services without the need to pay upfront or as your claim progresses.
If you would like to discuss your claiming eligibility, please contact one of the advisors from our team. To do so, you can:
Choose A Section
- How Can Professional Negligence Solicitors For Wirral Help You Claim?
- What Is Professional Negligence And When Are You Able To Claim?
- Which Types Of Professionals Are You Able To Claim Against?
- Potential Compensation For Professional Negligence – What Could You Receive?
- Use A No Win No Fee Professional Negligence Solicitor To Claim
- Learn More About Making A Professional Negligence Claim
If you decide to seek compensation, you may wonder if it is necessary to have the representation of professional negligence solicitors in Wirral. Usually, your solicitor can correspond with you using emails and telephone calls. This means that you will be able to pick your solicitor based on their experience with professional negligence claims instead of choosing a solicitor based on their location.
One of the professional negligence solicitors from our panel can work on your case. They offer a nationwide service and could help you with:
- Presenting your case and giving you regular updates.
- Defining any complex legal jargon you may come across.
- Helping obtain the evidence required to support your case.
- Valuing your claim.
- Handling important documents related to the claiming process.
Additionally, the solicitors on our panel generally offer to work on your claim on a No Win No Fee basis. We will explain what this means and how it can benefit your claim later in this article. However, if you would like to find out more, please speak with an advisor by calling the number above.
A professional is someone who provides a client with a service. For example, you could seek help with your taxes from an accountant, or legal representation from a solicitor. Professionals have a duty of care to provide their clients with services that meet the correct standards. It is when they breach this, and you suffer a loss as a result, that professional negligence may have occurred.
In order to seek compensation for professional negligence, you must be able to meet the specific claiming requirements. You must prove that:
- A professional owed you a duty of care.
- They failed to adhere to their duty.
- You suffered a loss as a result of this failure.
To find out if you are eligible to claim, and how the professional negligence solicitors for Wirral from our panel could help you recover your losses, get in touch with an advisor from our team.
The Time Limit For A Professional Negligence Claim
If you are thinking about making a claim, you must start legal proceedings within the time limit. Generally, this is 6 years for professional negligence. This is set out in the Limitation Act 1980.
Please get in touch to discuss the limitation period for professional negligence claims. If you have a valid case, you could be connected to one of the professional negligence solicitors for Wirral on our panel. They can help ensure you case is put forward in the relevant timeframe.
There are various types of professionals that owe you a duty of care when you seek their services. When they fail to uphold this duty and don’t provide their services to the correct standard, you could suffer a loss. For example:
- Financial advisors: If a financial advisor doesn’t give their client accurate advice, such as giving them poor information about an investment, this could result in the loss of money.
- Surveyors: If a surveyor does not carry out an accurate assessment of a property’s condition or fails to notify the potential buyer of faults, such as structural problems, the buyer could experience a financial loss following the purchase of the property.
- Architects: Should an architect fail to secure planning permission prior to construction of a structure, the building may need to be demolished. This could cause a financial loss.
When Can You Sue Solicitors For Professional Negligence?
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) outlines the standards of professionalism expected of solicitors in the Code of Conduct. However, if a solicitor does not follow this Code, it is not necessarily professional negligence. You could still contact the SRA and raise any concerns you have about a solicitor providing services to you.
Solicitors, including those representing claims for personal injury or medical negligence, are expected to provide their clients with a service that adheres to the correct standard. Should they fail to do this, you could experience a loss of chance. This refers to losing the opportunity to pursue your original claim, either in its entirety or partially.
Examples of solicitor negligence include:
- Claim under-settlement: A solicitor may under-settle your claim by failing to consider evidence you provided of your loss of earnings or other financial losses and instead only considering your injuries. Alternatively, your solicitor may only value your physical injuries despite being provided with evidence of psychological damage. Either of these situations could result in receiving a smaller settlement than you were eligible for.
- Causing the claim to be struck out: If your solicitor fails to adhere to court-set deadlines or doesn’t follow the instructions laid out by the court, your claim could be partially or entirely struck out.
- Missing the limitation date: There is a general time limit to file a personal injury or medical negligence claim of three years. If your solicitor misses this limitation date, your claim will become statue-barred. Should this occur, you will no longer be able to pursue your case.
To talk about your case and find out if one of the professional negligence solicitors for Wirral from our panel could help you claim compensation, contact an advisor from our team.
In a successful case for professional negligence, you should be restored to the financial position that you would have been in if it weren’t for the professional’s failings. Additionally, you could be awarded 8% interest for each year that has passed.
Our table below contains a few examples of potential professional negligence settlements. As each claim is calculated based on its own merits, this table is only to be used as guidance.
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
|Financial Advisor Negligence
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
To find out if one of our professional negligence solicitors for Wirral on our panel could support your claim, please contact an advisor from our team. If you do instruct a solicitor, they can value your claim as part of the services they offer.
If you are seeking compensation for professional negligence, you may benefit from the support of a solicitor. One of the professional negligence solicitors for Wirral from our panel can work on your claim. They have lots of experience helping with these types of cases.
When a solicitor works on a claim under the terms of a CFA, they won’t ask for any upfront or ongoing fees. They also won’t charge for their services if your claim doesn’t have a successful outcome.
If your claim succeeds, your solicitor will take a success fee from your compensation. The success fee is a percentage of the settlement that is limited by the law.
If you have any questions about professional negligence, please get in touch with one of the advisors from our team. They can also assess whether you have valid grounds for a claim and if you do, you could be connected to one of the solicitors on our panel.
To contact an advisor:
- Do I Need To Choose No Win No Fee Solicitors Near Me?
- Professional Negligence Solicitors For Manchester
- Professional Negligence Solicitors For Bristol
You might find the following links useful:
- Legal Ombudsman – Complaints
- The Law Society – Complain About A Solicitor
- The Ministry of Justice – Pre- Action Protocols for Professional Negligence
If you need any further advice about how one of the professional negligence solicitors for Wirral from our panel can help your claim, please reach out to an advisor.
Article by AR