Our article will provide readers with clear information on how professional negligence solicitors for Coventry could assist them with starting a claim. There are standards of service that certain professionals must meet and if they do not, it might mean their clients experience loss. If you have suffered losses because of negligence on the part of a professional, you could be eligible to claim compensation.
We begin by discussing the duty of care owed to you as a client by professionals. We then move on to explore who is eligible to begin a professional negligence claim for compensation. As well as offering some general examples of professional negligence.
Anyone is free to launch their own claim. But we will look at how a No Win No Fee professional negligence solicitor for Coventry can bring their expertise, knowledge and insight into the claims process.
Our advisors can connect eligible claimants to a solicitor in just one simple phone call. So as you read the following sections, we invite you to contact us about any topic raised. You can:
- Begin by using the ‘contact us’ online form
- Call our friendly team 24/7 at 0800 408 7825
- Connect to an advisor across the live chat function below.
Choose A Topic
- Our Panel Of Professional Negligence Solicitors For Coventry Could Help You Claim
- When Are You Able To Make A Professional Negligence Claim?
- What Professionals Can You Claim Against?
- Potential Compensation From Professional Negligence Claims
- Our Panel Of No Win No Fee Professional Negligence Solicitors For Coventry Could Help You.
- Further Resources On Professional Negligence
- Firstly, they can provide structured advice to build the most accurate and thorough claim with you.
- They will ensure that your claim is started within the appropriate time limits.
- Forward essential documentation to you in a prompt way.
- Provide detailed and regular status reports on how your claim is progressing.
- Give you a realistic idea of what compensation could apply if the claim is a success.
- Ensure that all losses are included.
- Explain legal jargon and offer practical support throughout the whole process.
Evidence underpins the chances of a claim being successful, so it’s vital to gather as much proof of loss as you can. Our panel of professional negligence solicitors for Coventry can help you do this by drawing on their essential skills in these matters. As the solicitors from our panel only take up claims with a good chance of success, there is no time wasting.
We will examine the No Win No Fee agreement our panel of solicitors operate under in more detail below. If you have any queries about using professional negligence solicitors for Coventry so far, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our friendly team using the contact options above.
Professionals need to be trained and educated to a certain standard. Due to their status, education and training, they owe their clients a duty of care to provide them with a service that meets the expected standard and skill of someone at their level. This duty applies to ensure that they deliver their services to the expected levels in that industry.
To have a valid claim against a professional for negligence, you, therefore, need to be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- That the professional owed a duty to care to you.
- A breach occurred through action or omission on their part.
- You suffered some type of loss because of this.
Please note that professional negligence compensation claims also have a time limit in which proceedings must be initiated with the courts, generally, this is 6 years, but there may be exceptions.
Below we look at some typical instances where a duty of care could be breached by a professional in a way that harms their client by causing them loss. Get in touch if we can help with any points raised so far.
The following are just a few of the various types of professionals against whom a claim for negligence could be made:
- Surveyors – A key part of a surveyor’s duty to their client is to give an accurate review of the condition of a property. Failure to do this could incur costs for the client later down the line with issues such as rising dampness or subsidence.
- Accountants – Accountants manage financial matters for their clients. Failure to send tax returns in on time could incur a penalty for the client.
- Financial advisors – Financial advisors are required to give their clients the most accurate advice. Flawed advice can therefore result in a client suffering losses that may have been avoidable.
- Architects – Architects need to design projects that comply fully with planning permission and building regulations. Failure to meet these standards can mean a project is demolished or altered in a way that creates additional expense for the client.
Can You Sue A Solicitor For Professional Negligence?
- If a personal injury solicitor forgets to include your financial losses, you may settle for a settlement that is too low.
- As per the Limitation Act 1980, civil claims must be initiated within a certain time frame, failure to do so would mean the case becomes statute barred.
- Failure to fully and correctly comply with any court instructions could mean the court strikes out a claim, partly or wholly.
There can be other causes for a personal injury claim to be partly or fully struck out because of the solicitor. To obtain precise guidance on your circumstances, please get in touch. Our advisors can explain if you have an eligible opportunity to work with professional negligence solicitors for Coventry.
Compensation is calculated on a case-by-case basis. The amount awarded in a successful claim depends on individual circumstances.
The aim of a professional negligence claim is to put the individual in a place they would have been in had the negligence not taken place.
The table below has been put together to show examples of potential professional negligence compensation.
Please note these are guide figures only. In addition to this, 8% can be added as interest to the compensation for each year that has passed.
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
|Financial Advisor Negligence
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
At Public Interest Lawyers, we can connect eligible claimants to professional negligence solicitors for Coventry who could help. The solicitors on our panel can take up claims with a reasonable chance of success under a No Win No Fee contract called a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA).
When working with a solicitor under a CFA, there are no solicitor fees expected upfront or whilst the claim progresses. Claims that fail do not typically require a fee at all. If a claim is successful, then the solicitor working under a CFA will take a legally capped percentage from the compensation as a success fee.
To discover more about your potential eligibility to claim for professional negligence, you are able to:
- Contact us online to discuss.
- Call now on 0800 408 7825
- Chat about your circumstances through the online chat feature below.
In conclusion, below are some other useful resources from our website:
- Details about professional negligence solicitors for London
- Claiming when the solicitor caused the claim to be struck out
- Can I claim if the solicitor missed the limitation date on a claim?
Alternatively, some external resources:
- Here are some details on The Law Society
- Helpful reading on the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA)
- Lastly, reading on Gov.UK Pre-Action Protocol For Professional Negligence
In conclusion, we appreciate you taking the time to read our guide on when you could use professional negligence solicitors for Coventry. For any further help or support with your claim, please reach out via the contact details above.