In this guide, we will look at how you can find professional negligence solicitors for Birmingham. Whilst it’s not necessary to have a solicitor represent your claim, they may be able to offer services that could benefit both you and your case. We will outline some of the ways a solicitor could help when representing your professional negligence claim further in our guide.
Additionally, we will discuss the eligibility criteria that need to be met in order to pursue compensation for professional negligence and the settlement you could be awarded if you succeed.
Furthermore, we will define what professional negligence is as well as provide examples of how it could occur.
We will also discuss the different types of professionals that you could bring a claim against, including a negligent surveyor or personal injury solicitor.
Finally, this guide will outline the benefits of working with a solicitor who offers their services in a No Win No Fee capacity.
If you have any questions about professional negligence or the claims process, please get in touch with one of the advisors from our team for free advice. To get in touch, you can:
Choose A Section
- How Can Our Panel Of Professional Negligence Solicitors For Birmingham Help?
- Eligibility Criteria For Making A Professional Negligence Claim
- Who Could You Potentially Claim Against For Professional Negligence?
- How Much Compensation Could You Receive For A Professional Negligence Claim?
- Use A No Win No Fee Professional Negligence Solicitor From Our Panel To Claim Compensation
- Learn More About Finding Professional Negligence Solicitors For Birmingham
One of the professional negligence solicitors for Birmingham from our panel could represent your claim, provided you have valid grounds to seek compensation. They can offer their services nationwide which means you don’t necessarily have to choose a solicitor in your local area.
Instead, you can opt to work with a solicitor from our panel who has experience handling professional negligence claims and can offer services that will assist you in seeking compensation. For example, they can help:
- Collect evidence to prove your case.
- Explain complex legal jargon.
- Value your claim.
- Ensure your case is submitted in full within the relevant time limits.
If you would like to work with one of the solicitors for Birmingham from our panel, get in touch with an advisor. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
In order for you to be eligible to pursue a professional negligence claim, you need to prove that you were owed a duty of care by a professional, the professional breached this duty by providing services that fell below the correct standard, and as a result of this, you suffered a loss. This is the definition of professional negligence.
The ways in which a professional is required to uphold their duty of care to clients will differ depending on the industry in which they operate. However, they are all required to provide services that meet the correct standard.
If you have evidence that you have suffered a loss due to a professional providing services that fell below the correct standard, please get in touch with an advisor via the number above. They can assess the validity of your case and if it seems eligible, you could be connected to one of the professional negligence solicitors for Birmingham from our panel.
The professional negligence solicitors for Birmingham on our panel could support cases against various types of professionals.
Below, we have provided examples of the professionals you could potentially bring forward a claim against, should their negligence cause you to suffer loss.
- Surveyors: If a surveyor fails to carry out an accurate assessment of a property’s condition or doesn’t make the potential buyer aware of any issues with it, such as structural problems, the buyer could suffer a financial loss after purchasing the property.
- Financial advisors: If a financial advisor fails to give a client accurate advice, such as poor information about an investment, this could result in a loss of money.
- Architects: If an architect miscalculates a building’s design, any work already done might have to be demolished. This could cause a monetary loss.
When Can You Claim Against Solicitors For Professional Negligence?
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) outlines the standards of professionalism expected of solicitors in the Code of Conduct. However, it is not necessarily professional negligence if a solicitor does not adhere to these standards.
Solicitors, such as those representing claims for medical negligence or personal injury, are still expected to provide a service to their clients that meets the correct standard. If they fail to do so, it could result in you experiencing a loss of chance. This refers to a loss of opportunity to pursue part, or all, of your original claim. For example:
- Under-settling a claim: Solicitors could under-settle your claim by failing to consider the evidence you gave of any psychological damage you experienced, instead only valuing your physical injuries. Alternatively, they may fail to include loss of earnings in your settlement, despite being given evidence of this financial loss. This could result in you receiving a smaller settlement than what you were eligible for.
- Missing the limitation date: The time limit to file a personal injury claim is typically three years from the date of the accident. If your solicitor misses the limitation date, your claim will become statute-barred, meaning you’re no longer able to pursue it.
- Causing the claim to be struck out: Your solicitor may have failed to adhere to court-set deadlines or didn’t follow the instructions laid out by the court, which could result in either part or all of your claim being struck out.
To discuss your specific case and find out whether one of the professional negligence solicitors for Birmingham from our panel could help you seek compensation, please get in touch using the details provided above.
A successful professional negligence claim should return you to the position that you would have been in had a professional’s failings not resulted in you suffering losses. You can also receive 8% interest for every year that has passed since the professional negligence occurred.
However, settlements can vary depending on who your professional negligence claim is against. For example, the compensation awarded in a successful claim against a solicitor will differ from the payout awarded in a successful claim against a financial advisor.
Our table below contains some examples of potential professional negligence settlements. However, these are not representative of the value of your claim.
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
|Financial Advisor Negligence
|Up to £500,000+
|Up to £500,000+
If you would like a personalised estimate of your potential claim, please contact one of our advisors using the details at the top of the page.
When you pursue a professional negligence claim, you aren’t limited to using the services of local solicitors. As such, you could benefit from working with one of the professional negligence solicitors for the Birmingham area from our panel as they offer a nationwide service and have years of experience handling claims of this nature.
Additionally, they can provide their services on a No Win No Fee basis. This could be done under a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), which is a type of No Win No Fee agreement.
If you work with a No Win No Fee solicitor, you typically won’t be asked to pay upfront for their services. They won’t ask you to pay any ongoing fees either.
If your claim succeeds, they will deduct a success fee from your award. However, the law caps how much can be taken as a success fee. Also, if your claim fails, your solicitor won’t ask for you to pay this fee.
Contact Us For Free Today
Our advisors are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have regarding your potential professional negligence claim. They can also perform an assessment of your case. If they find it’s valid, you could be put in touch with one of the professional negligence solicitors for Birmingham from our panel.
For more information, you can:
We can also advise on personal injury claims. To learn more, read some of our guides:
- Find A Personal Injury Lawyer
- Multiple Injury Claims – How Is Compensation Calculated?
- Compensation Payout Amounts
In addition, the following links might be helpful:
Thank you for reading this guide on how to find professional negligence solicitors for Birmingham. If you have any other questions, please contact our team by using the contact details provided above.
Article by AR