Salford Personal Injury Lawyers – 100% No Win No Fee Injury Lawyers UK – Guide And Lawyer Reviews

Personal injury lawyers Salford

Personal injury lawyers Salford

When you’re involved in an accident which was not your fault, we believe that you’re well within your rights to consider suing the person or company responsible for your suffering. The process of claiming can be tricky, so we’d advise having a specialist solicitor on your side. In this guide, we’re going to look at how a personal injury lawyer covering Salford could help you make a claim. Amongst others, we’ll look at claims for workplace accidents, road traffic accidents, car park accidents and slips, trips and falls. We’ll review when you could be eligible to claim and how much compensation could be paid.

We are able to help you begin a claim by offering a no-obligation assessment of your case. One of our team of advisors will review your claim and any evidence you supply and provide free advice on your options. If your claim has a chance of success, you’ll be referred to one of our personal injury lawyers from our panel. If they agree to handle your claim, it’ll be on a No Win No Fee basis.

To discuss your claim right away, please call us on 0800 408 7825 today. Otherwise, for more information on when personal injury law firms covering Salford could help you, please continue reading.

Choose A Section

A Guide To Using Personal Injury Lawyers Covering Salford

When you’re injured because somebody who owed you a duty of care was negligent, you could claim compensation from them. A claim could be made for physical injuries, psychological injuries and financial losses caused by their negligence. To do so, you’ll need to demonstrate what happened, who was to blame, and the exact nature of your suffering. Having a personal injury solicitor on your side can make this process a lot easier.

Throughout this guide, we’ll look at what types of accidents could entitle you to seek compensation. We’ll review claims for criminal injuries, motorbike accidents, and accidents in public places as well as many other scenarios. 

Due to the personal injury claims time limit, which is generally 3-years from the date of your accident, we advise you to seek legal support as soon as possible. If you claim outside of the limitation period, your claim could be statute-barred, meaning you won’t receive any compensation you could be entitled to.

We’ll look at different claims individually but, in general, to claim compensation you’ll need to show that:

  • Somebody who owed you a duty of care caused an accident; because
  • They breached that duty of care; and
  • You suffered an injury during the accident.

The types of evidence you can supply to support your claim include photos of the accident scene, medical records, accident reports and details of any witnesses. Providing these to your solicitor can make the claims process a lot easier.

When you’ve read our guide, if you’d like to begin a claim or ask any questions, please contact a member of our team on the number at the top of the screen.

Accidents At Work In Salford

Every employer, large or small, has a duty of care towards its employee’s safety. That means that the workplace should be assessed for risks regularly and any dangers removed where possible, amongst other safety measures.

It could be possible to claim for injuries sustained in a workplace accident caused by:

  • Insufficient training (on the task that caused the injury or safety procedures).
  • A lack of rest breaks.
  • Broken or unmaintained equipment.
  • Unsuitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).

It is illegal for an employer to discipline you or sack you for making a claim following an accident at work, and they are obliged to have insurance in place to cover them, so you shouldn’t worry about seeking compensation for your injuries. Please call our team if you’d like free advice on claiming for a workplace accident.

Road And Traffic Accidents In Salford

Road traffic accident (RTA) claims are possible when the incident was caused by the negligence of another road user. A personal injury lawyer covering Salford could help you claim for injuries and costs caused by the accident if the other road user can be proven to be liable for the accident.

Following an RTA, you should try to take pictures before the vehicles are removed, swap details with anybody else involved and call the emergency services if there are any injuries. At the same time, you should avoid saying anything which could be construed as an admission of guilt.

Injuries On Buses And Other Public Transport

In a similar way to the previous section, you could recover compensation if you are injured in a public transport accident. However, as well as claiming against another road user, it’s also possible that your claim might need to be against the firm who operates the public transport if their driver was responsible.

Claims could be made for injuries sustained while travelling on coaches, trains, taxis, Uber vehicles, buses and trams.

Injuries In A Car Park

Car park operators, including local authorities, have a duty of care to try and reduce the risk of injury to customers who use their facilities. If they don’t maintain the car park properly, and their negligence causes an accident, the victim could be eligible for compensation.

Car park accidents caused by the following could lead to a claim:

  • Path or road defects such as potholes or damaged kerbstones.
  • Faulty car park barriers which strike a vehicle or person.
  • Damaged bollards or equipment.

If you’re involved in a collision with another vehicle in a car park, a claim might be possible if it could be made against the other driver’s insurance policy.

Motorbike And Cycling Accidents

A motorcycling or cycling accident can lead to very serious injuries as the rider will often have little protection against a fall. Some common injuries sustained during these accidents include back injuries, fractured hands or wrists, neck injuries and head injuries.

If the accident was caused by the negligence of another road user, then you could begin a personal injury claim against them. For advice on your options, please contact a member of our team today.

Public Space Accidents

When we talk about public place accidents, we mean any place that you’re able to visit without asking for permission first. For instance, a public place could be a shopping centre, train station, car park, or supermarket.

If you have an accident in such a place, which was caused by a breach in the duty of care on the part of the business owner, building occupier or local authority, you might be entitled to seek compensation for any injuries you’ve sustained. Our team could help you begin a claim and support you to identify who the claim needs to be made against. Please contact us today for further advice.

Injuries In Parks And Play Areas

Accidents in parks can lead to claims against the local authority or business responsible for the area. Where the injury is to a child, a parent or responsible adult is able to claim on their behalf. This can be done at any point before the child turns 18. If that doesn’t happen, the victim has 3-years from their 18th birthday to make their own claim.

Claims could be possible for injuries caused by:

  • Damaged or poorly maintained play equipment.
  • Damaged furniture, gates or fences.
  • Missing safety mats or equipment.

If you need advice on what you can claim for and the process of doing so, please contact us today.

Injuries In Retail Spaces And Shops

If you’re involved in an accident in a shop, you might claim compensation from the retailer. That’s because they have a duty of care to try and keep customers safe while they’re in the store.

That means, you might be able to claim for:

  • Falls caused by items of stock left on the floor.
  • Cuts or lacerations caused by damaged shop furniture.
  • Slipping because of a spillage, leak or cleaning where no warning signs were used.

For advice on claiming against a retailer, please speak with an advisor today.

Falling, Tripping And Slipping Accidents

When you’re involved in a trip, slip or fall, it’s possible that you will have sustained serious injuries that could require months of treatment and rehabilitation. Common injuries caused by falls include:

  • Bone fractures.
  • Head injuries.
  • Back injuries.
  • Sprains and strains.
  • Bruising and soft tissue damage.
  • Neck injuries.

If the fall was caused by somebody else’s negligence, you might be entitled to claim against them. For instance, you could claim for accidents caused by:

  • Cables trailed across walkways.
  • Poor lighting which makes trip hazards difficult to see.
  • Wet floors with no warning signs.
  • Falling down a stairwell because of a broken handrail.

Please call a member of our team if you’d like to discuss claiming for a slip, trip or fall.

Local Authority And Salford Council Accidents

Local authorities, including Salford Council, have a duty of care to maintain many public highways ranging from paths to major roads. There are two main duties the council has: to inspect the highways regularly and to repair the defects that they identify.

In some cases, where it can be shown that Salford Council hasn’t upheld its duties, you could claim for injuries caused by:

  • Sinkholes and potholes.
  • Tree roots rising through pavements.
  • Raised paving slabs.
  • Damaged kerbstones.

In most cases, a claim is only possible where the defect that caused your accident is deeper or taller than 1 inch. To read more about local authority claims, please click here.

Criminal Injuries Compensation

Many victims of crime don’t realise that the government operates a scheme which could compensate them if the criminal hasn’t been caught, identified or doesn’t have the capacity to provide compensation themselves.

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) allows claims to be made by victims of violent crimes for physical or psychological injuries. As this is not a normal personal injury claim, there are different eligibility criteria. Importantly, the time limit for claiming is generally 2-years from the date of the crime and you must’ve reported the crime to the police. In some extreme circumstances, the time limit for claiming can be extended or waived.

For more information, please get in touch with our team.

Rates Of Violent Crime In Salford

The following table, based on government data, shows recent crime figures for the Salford area.

Crimes Reported Frequency of Event
Violent Crimes 647
Vehicle-related offences 599
Other types of theft 579
Burglary 369
Sexual-related offences 195

How A Lawyer Could Help With Your Case

Over the coming sections of this guide, we’re going to look at how to choose a personal injury lawyer covering Salford and how they can help with the claims process. We’ll discuss online reviews, the location of the law firm and when you’ll need to have a medical assessment.

If you’d like us to help begin your claim, we can take away a lot of the work for you. We have a panel of lawyers who can cover the Salford area and who have decades of experience in handling all sorts of claims. Please contact our team for free advice and help to choose the best personal injury lawyer for your case.

When And Why You Need A Medical Assessment

When you claim compensation for an injury, it’s important that you are able to demonstrate the exact nature of your suffering. That’s because settlements are based on the severity of your injuries. Therefore, your solicitor will arrange for a medical assessment to be carried out locally during the claims process to determine the extent of your suffering.

In your appointment, the medical specialist or doctor will review your medical records, ask several questions about your injuries and conduct an assessment. They’ll then produce a report which explains what injuries you sustained, how they’ve affected your life and if you’re likely to suffer any long-term symptoms.

How A Lawyers Location Affects Your Case

If you’ve searched for personal injury lawyers in Salford to arrive at this page, you might be thinking that you need to limit your search to local law firms. However, that might mean you miss out on finding a solicitor who specialises in cases like yours or who has a lot of relevant experience.

Most claims are handled over the phone, email, online and in writing these days. That means you don’t need to worry where the solicitor is based and can look at hiring firms who offer a nationwide service as well.

Why You Should Look At Reviews Of Lawyers

When making a purchase or hiring a service provider, you’ll often end up reading online reviews. With regards to personal injury lawyers covering Salford, they’re a great way to find out what previous clients thought about the solicitor’s professionalism, how long the claim took and the amount of compensation they received.

On top of reading reviews, our advice is to speak with any solicitor you’re considering. That way, you can get to know the solicitor a bit better and work out whether you’ll be able to work with them. That might be important when you consider that claims can take many months, or longer, to be resolved. You’ll also be able to ask how they plan to handle your claim and what amount of compensation they hope to achieve for you.

Calculating Typical Damages Paid For Personal Injury Claims

In this section, we’re going to review how much compensation you could be entitled to. In truth, a personal injury claims calculator won’t give you an accurate estimate as every claim is unique. Therefore, we’ve provided the table below which gives some compensation amounts for different injuries. When you’ve spoken with a personal injury lawyer, and your case has been reviewed, you’ll receive a more personalised estimate.

Type of Injury Severity of Injury Amount Details
Teeth Loss of £8,200 to £10,710 Loss or damage to several of the victims front teeth.
Jaw Fracture £6,060 to £8,200 A simple fracture of the jaw that needs immobilisation but where full recovery is made.
Neck Minor £4,080 to £7,410 Injuries to the soft tissue in the neck (whiplash for instance) where full recovery occurs, without surgery, in around one to two years.
Back Moderate £11,730 to £26,050 Examples in this category include prolapsed discs resulting in laminectomy or muscle disturbance resulting in backache.
Shoulder Serious £11,980 to £18,020 A dislocated shoulder along with damage to the lower brachial plexus resulting in sensory symptoms in the forearm and pain in the shoulder and neck.
Arms Fracture £6,190 to £18,020 This category is used to cover simple fractures of the forearm.
Knee Moderate £13,920 to £24,580 Injuries such as a dislocated knee, torn cartilage or torn meniscus.
Achilles Tendon Moderate £11,820 to £19,770 This category covers a partial rupture or significant tendon injury.

These figures, known as general damages, are designed to compensate you for the pain, suffering and loss of amenity caused by your injuries. They make up one part of your claim. You can also claim for financial losses that you’ve incurred because of your injuries. For instance, you could ask to be compensated for travel expenses, damage to personal property, any costs of medication or treatment, costs related to care and also any loss, or future loss, of income.

No Win No Fee Personal Injury Lawyers Covering Salford

A major worry for many people considering making a personal injury claim is the cost of doing so. To provide crucial access to justice and to tackle any related stress, our panel of lawyers work on a No Win No Fee basis.

When you begin the claims process, the solicitor will check that there’s a chance your case has a reasonable prospect of success. If you’re both content, you’ll be given a No Win No Fee agreement to sign, known as a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA).

The CFA is a contract between you and your solicitor used to fund your case. There are many benefits of claiming in this way including:

  • You won’t have to pay anything upfront, meaning the process can begin that day.
  • There are no solicitor’s fees to pay while the claim is live.
  • Should the claim be unsuccessful, your solicitor’s fees will not need to be paid.

In the event that the solicitor wins your claim, they’ll deduct a modest percentage of your compensation, known as a success fee, to cover their costs. So that there are no surprises, your CFA will provide details of your success fee but you needn’t worry too much as they are legally capped.

To find out if we could help you begin a claim on a No Win No Fee basis, why not give us a call?

Consulting With A Lawyer

Now that you’ve been through our guide on choosing a No Win No Fee personal injury lawyer covering Salford, we’re here to help you if you’d like to begin a claim. There are a number of ways to get in touch including:

  • Calling a specialist advisor on 0800 408 7825 for free claims advice.
  • Using our helpful live chat feature to connect with a member of our team.
  • Or by completing this form to arrange for a call back at a convenient time.

When you get in touch, one of our advisors will review your case with you in a no-obligation consultation. They’ll provide free legal advice on your options and could connect you with one of the personal injury lawyers on our panel if there’s a chance of making a successful claim.


This is the last part of our guide on choosing a personal injury lawyer covering Salford. So that you have all of the information you need, we’ve provided links to the local courts, council and medical specialists in your area. We’ve also linked to some further helpful guides and resources.

Reporting An Accident – Advice on when and how you should report an accident in a public place.

Gym Accident Claims – A guide about claiming for injuries sustained while visiting a gym.

Beauty Treatment Negligence Claims – If you’ve suffered an injury or allergic reaction caused by a negligent beauty treatment, this guide should prove useful.

Motor Insurers Bureau – The organisation you could turn to if you’re involved in an accident with an uninsured driver.

NHS Hospital Locator – This tool could be useful if you need to contact a hospital to request copies of medical records.

The Health And Safety At Work Act 1974 – Information on the legislation often used to support workplace accident claims.

Our Local Medical Experts

Doctor / Specialist Address
Kirsty Hollinworth Ordsall Lane,
Regent Road,
Salford, M5 4RS.
Andrew Johnson The Sorrell Group Practice,
Bolton Road,
Salford, M6 7HL
Suzanne Fletcher Victoria Road,
Salford, M6 8FZ.

Manchester Magistrates’ Court Covering Salford

Manchest Magistrates Court
Crown Square,
Manchester, M60 1PR

Salford City Council

Salford Council
Salford Civic Centre,
Chorley Road,
Salford, M27 5AW.


Guide by RA

Edited by II