Below is a general guide to making compensation claims for accidents at London Liverpool Street train station. If you’ve suffered injuries that were caused by a third party’s breach of duty of care, you could make a claim. This guide provides an overview of why and how a personal injury lawyer could help you to claim for a train station accident.
Your claim will have at least some unique aspects, differentiating it from similar claims. This means we may not answer all of your unique questions in this short guide. If this is so, our expert claim advisors can help. To get the answers you need, call them on 0800 408 7825. Or request a callback by using our contact form.
Select A Section
- What Are Accidents At London Liverpool Street Train Station?
- Common Train And Underground Station Accidents
- How To Prove The Public Place Injury Claims
- What Steps Could You Take After Accidents At London Liverpool Street Train Station?
- How Much Could You Claim For Accidents At London Liverpool Street Train Station?
- Speak To An Expert In Public Accident Claims
What Are Accidents At London Liverpool Street Train Station?
It can be possible to claim for accidents at London Liverpool Street train station. You’d need to show that:
- A party owed you a duty of care under law.
- They breached that duty.
- You suffered an injury as a result.
This guide will go over how train station accidents happen, what might see you eligible to claim, and how to go about starting a claim.
Laws Outlining Duty Of Care
Under the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957, those in control of a place that’s accessible to the public should ensure that it’s safe for use. This can include train stations.
Under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, employers should ensure that they protect employees’ safety at work.
The Railways and Other Guided Transport Systems (Safety) Regulations 2006 is another piece of legislation that is particularly related to health and safety at train stations.
London Liverpool Street Station Statistics
As Government station data shows, London Liverpool Street is a busy station serving the City of London and beyond. We can see that from 2019 to 2020, almost 66 million people used this station. However, only just over 11 million people used the station from 2020 to 2021.
Common Train And Underground Station Accidents
There are many hazards that can cause accidents at London Liverpool Street train station. These accidents can cause a train station injury ranging from minor cuts and bruising, to accidental death. Below, we have given some example accident scenarios.
- A faulty lift traps your hand in the door, causing injury.
- You suffer a broken leg because the faulty safety rail on a stairway broke and you fell.
- Poorly maintained electrical fittings cause you to receive an electric shock.
Tripping And Falling At A Station
Slips, trips and falls are simple accidents that can happen anywhere. You will find some examples of how these accidents can happen at a station, below.
- You end up slipping on an icy platform or wet platform that should’ve been dealt with.
- You suffer a falling accident because the escalator you were travelling on broke down and stopped suddenly.
- Tripping over cleaning equipment left in a hazardous place causes you an injury.
Accidents Caused By Train Companies
The train company is not responsible for every accident that happens on the station grounds, but if they breached their duty of care and this caused you injury, you could claim.
What Other Accidents Could Happen In A Station?
Many rail providers lease space inside of a station to other businesses such as food and retail outlets. If you suffer an injury on the premises of the retail outlet and it was caused by their negligence, your personal injury solicitor would not purse the rail provider. It would be the business responsible for your injury that is pursued. Examples are given below.
- You suffer an allergic reaction to food bought from a cafe despite choosing a dish that the allergen menu indicated was safe for you.
- A poorly-placed box falling from a shelf in a retail store injures you.
How To Prove The Public Place Injury Claims
You will need to show that negligence took place to successfully claim compensation for accidents at London Liverpool Street train station. This means showing that the third party you are claiming against is liable for your injuries because they breached their duty of care to you.
If you call and explain your claim to one of our expert advisors, they will be able to tell you whether it is potentially viable or not.
Can You Claim For Staff Accidents At London Liverpool Street Train Station?
If you suffer a train worker accident, you may be able to claim. Your employer has a legal obligation to protect your safety at work by taking reasonable measures. If this obligation is not met, it can expose you to the risk of harm. If you do suffer harm because your employer did not fulfil its obligation to safety regulations, you may be able to claim.
What Steps Could You Take After Accidents At London Liverpool Street Train Station?
There are some steps you can take to help with making claims for accidents at London Liverpool Street train station. We have outlined a few below.
- Be sure to get professional medical care for your injuries.
- Take photographs or videos of the scene and cause of the accident if you can.
- Get the contact information of any witnesses who saw the accident happen.
- Keep a record of financial losses you have endured because of the injury.
- If you were injured at work, make sure the accident has been entered into the company accident book.
- Contact our team to learn about starting a claim.
How Much Could You Claim For Accidents At London Liverpool Street Train Station?
We can’t give you an average figure for the compensation you might seek. Each claim is different. However, you can use the example compensation table below to get an idea of potential compensation for various injuries. We used the 16th edition of the Judicial College Guidelines, produced in April 2022, to make this table.
|Neck||Severe (iii)||£45,470 to £55,990||Severe neck injuries such as the neck becoming dislocated, or very bad fractures of the vertebrae.|
|Brain Damage||Moderate (iii)||£43,060 to £90,720||Memory and cognitive ability are impacted. With limited disability.|
|Ankle||Modest||Up to £13,740||For example, undisplaced fractures and soft tissue injuries.|
|Leg||Moderate (iv)||£27,760 to £39,200||For example, multiple or complex fractures of the leg (single leg) with some impairment and disability possible.|
|Pelvis & Hips||Severe (iii)||£39,170 to £52,500||Injuries such as a fractured acetabulum that result in some form of degenerative condition.|
|Shoulder||Minor (iii) (Healed Within 3 Months)||Up to £2,450||For example, sprains or strains to the shoulder, that will heal.|
|Thumb||Severe Dislocation||£6,340 to £7,780||Dislocation of the thumb.|
|Finger||Loss of Little Finger||£8,640 to £12,240||Amupataion of the little finger.|
|Hand||Moderate||£5,720 to £13,280||Moderate hand injuries such as deep cuts, crush injuries, and soft tissue damage.|
The table only shows general damages (for pain and suffering). You may also be able to claim special damages, which compensates you for financial losses associated with your injuries. This could include:
- Loss of earnings
- Travel expenses associated with your injuries
- Cost of care
Speak To An Expert In Public Accident Claims
You may be able to make a personal injury claim using a solicitor working under a No Win No Fee agreement. No Win No Fee essentially means:
- You don’t have to pay your solicitor a fee upfront for their services.
- You don’t have to pay your solicitor an ongoing fee for their work.
- If the claim wins, you pay the solicitor a success fee. However, this is capped by law and only taken once the compensation comes through.
- You don’t have to pay the solicitor’s fee at all if the claim loses.
For information on how to get a claim for accidents at London Liverpool Street train station started, use the below info to get in touch.
Related Public Transport Accident Claims
Below are some useful links.
We also have more of our own guides.
Article by AH